[AGENT++] Problem with example agent

Ivens Porto ivens at ose.com.br
Mon Nov 22 18:22:59 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm evaluating agent++ and a I'm trying to build an agent for testing
purposes. I based it on the atm_mib example that comes with the source code.

Actually, my testing agent was the same as the atm_mib except that my
agent didn't have any code related to SNMP version 3 and managed a
single integer scalar variable.

When I try to start my agent I'm getting the following error message:

---
20041122.15:14:48: 20248: (0)ERROR  : NotificationOriginator: v3MP has
to be initialized before notifications can be sent
---

The strange thing is that my code does not have anything related to SNMP
version 3.

After getting this error message a lot of times I decided to make a
another test and compiled the atm_mib example agent with _SNMPv3
undefined, to get an agent without any version 3 code. When executing
the example atm_mib agent I get the same error.

The only way I got my testing agent and the atm_mib example to work was
to include all the code related to SNMP version 3.

Can anyone tell me what should I do to make my agent with only SNMP
version 2c to work?

Thanks,
--
Ivens Porto