[AGENT++] SNMP++ link errors

Hammad Nasrullah hammad at telewaresystems.com
Tue Oct 12 18:31:54 CEST 2004

Hi

I am getting linking errors while building snmp++
examples. I am using VC7 on windows XP machine. Here
is what I have done. First I built the snmp++.lib
using the downloaded msvc project files, then I
created a new project, included the snmp++.lib in it
and tried to build the console example snmpTraps.cpp.
This resulted in lots of LNK2019 and LNK2001 errors,
some of them are given below.

snmpTraps.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "public: static void __cdecl
Snmp::socket_cleanup(void)"
(?socket_cleanup at Snmp@@SAXXZ) referenced in function
_main
snmpTraps.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "public: virtual char const * __thiscall
OctetStr::get_printable(void)const "
(?get_printable at OctetStr@@UBEPBDXZ) referenced in
function _main
snmpTraps.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall
UdpAddress::map_to_ipv6(void)"
(?map_to_ipv6 at UdpAddress@@UAEHXZ)
snmpTraps.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall
UdpAddress::format_output(void)const "
(?format_output at UdpAddress@@MBEXXZ)

can someone tell me, what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks
hammad