[AGENT++] Get and Set functions for dynamic tables

Frank-Christian Kruegel fchk at istda.com
Sun Oct 31 14:30:02 CET 2004

Hello all.

I'm trying to use Agent++ for an Embedded Linux system. I've had a look at
the dynamic_table example and managed to change it for my mib.

Now I'd like to ask for the best way to implement set and get functions for
variables in a table. The variables in this table represent hardware
functions, so a SNMP get/getnext/bulkrequest must call a function to read
the value directly from the hardware for each variable passed to the
request, and a SNMP set must call a function that writes the given value to
the hardware for each variable present in the pdu. The SNMP stack must never
cache any value in memory, each request must result an a hardware access
(i.e. call of the corresponding accessor function).

What is the recommened way to do this?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Krügel