[AGENT++] Re: NULL values in a successful Get response

maom_onet at poczta.onet.pl maom_onet at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Sep 10 22:16:40 CEST 2004

> Hi Marek,
>
> I cannot reproduce your problem. What version of AGENT++ are
> you
> using? Does this behavior also occurs with other tables in your
> agent?

Hi Frank,

I answer from another account - sorry for breaking the thread.

As I wrote in the previous post, this is Agent++ version is 3.5.20a, SNMP++: 3.2.13. It happens for a dynamically (on-the-fly) created table of interfaces. It does not happen with other agents, e.g., Windows SNMP service. I did not expect you would be able to reproduce the problem, as this is probably specific for our agent.

My question is, is this a legal response and, assuming that all MIB entries exist, what is the most likely reason for these NULLs? Note that always the first VB is non-empty (non-NULL) and all others for this specific table and SNMPv1 are NULL-ed.

Marek