[AGENT++] snmp++ construction blocked in multi-thread in windows 2000 server on multi-cpu machines ?

shenmd shenmd at nlsde.buaa.edu.cn
Sun Sep 12 16:58:10 CEST 2004

Hello, all,
      i found that the snmp++ construction function will be blocked when my 200 thread concurrently called it , i tracked into the function,and find that the most suspicious root is the createwindow api, my os is windows 2000 server platform on multi-cpu machine, the api will occassionally take quite a lot of time(about 3~4 seconds),actually ,because of the existence of critical section,it will affect the performance when the other thread call the construction function, the point i should emphasis is,this will never happen in single-cpu machine but no doubtly appears in 2 and 4-cpu machines with windows 2000 server platform,
      Do any of you have exprience in using snmp++ in multithread application in microsoft windows 2000 server platform on multi-cpu machines,i need your help.

Best regards.

shenmd
shenmd at nlsde.buaa.edu.cn
2004-09-12