[AGENT++] Migration

Pierre Pacchioni ppacch at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 11:00:05 CEST 2005

Hello,

Recently we migrated our agent to the new version of Agent++:
libdes-v141     -> libdes-v141 (no change here)
snmp++v3.2.9    -> snmp++v3.2.17 (with TripleDES)
agent++v3.5.14  -> agent++v3.5.23a (with TripleDES)

Note: TripleDES has been added by myself with the help of Jochen, and may be
integrated in the future release(s) of Agent++ if I'm correct.

The question is:
We haven't yet regenerated our agent, we just changed the include directives
inside the agent.cpp and generated "mib" classes. I'm just wondering if it's
necessary to also re-generate the code with the new agenPro tool or if it's not
necessary? Or putting differently, do the
modifications/improvements/corrections  apply to the generated code or not? As
far as I can see our Agent still works with the new Snmp++/Agent++ code but I'm
not sure I'm not missing something here,
Thanks for your feedback,
Pierre.