[AGENT++] Problem with V3_MP Object

kulkarni.sudhindra at wipro.com kulkarni.sudhindra at wipro.com
Wed Aug 3 12:08:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

We have a Multi-Threaded Application which uses the SNMP++ V3.2. We are
facing a strange problem,

If we create the v3_MP Object everytime for a V3 Query, this will slow
down our queries and also is causing crashes since multiple threads are
using the same object.

To overcome this problem, we have made V3_MP Object as static and we are
into a altogether new problem. First time every thing works fine and
there is no problem until there is a change on the agent, If the agent
switches from V3 to V1 and then back to V3, then a new Context Engine ID
is generated. Since V3_MP is static we already have a V3_MP object and
also have a ContextEngineID so we not query to get the context Engine
ID. this causes our queries to fail when ever there is a change in the
agent.

Please advice on the best approach to resolve this problem. Thanks in
advance.

Regards,
Sudhindra V Kulkarni

Confidentiality Notice