[AGENT++] fopen(..."r"...) vs. fopen(..."rb"...)

Chuck Bueche chuckb at craniac.com
Thu Aug 11 17:50:05 CEST 2005

I've found what appears to be a fix for a problem I was having with
MibEntry::load_from_file() and MibEntry::save_to_file() under Win32.

Those functions use "r" and "w" access methods passed to fopen(), which will
perform text processing on the files.  Since the files are being saved in a
binary (encrypted?) form, text processing is dropping needed data.  Changing
the fopen() parameters to "rb" and "wb" has fixed the problem.

I see that there are several fopen() calls in the libraries that might
benefit from such a modification.

Thanks,
Chuck Bueche
Craniac, Inc.