[AGENT++] Traps

Chaim Turkel - Israel ChaimT at gilat.com
Fri Dec 2 10:14:55 CET 2005

I have found that when sending a very high volume of traps, if the
processing of the trap is to high then traps are dropped (I assume on
the socket level). I have seen this on multiple trap applications
(code). The solution to this is to dequeue all traps to another thread
so that all processing does not occure on the thread of the socket.
Is there a way to solve this in snmp++ since the internal processing is
to high and even if I do nothing but count the traps, some get dropped?

Chaim Turkel