[AGENT++] Dynamically providing table contents

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Feb 16 22:55:05 CET 2005

Hi Dan,

The recommended way is to overwrite the MibTable::update(..)
method. You should implement some sort of caching for best
performance (for example based on the request ID add/or
time-based).

If the table could contain many rows (many thousand entries,
for example), then it might be best to not completely populate
the table's content within the update method, but only the
requested portion (view) of the table. This would result in a
virtual table.

The dynamic table example in AGENT++'s example directory
provides a simple example.