[AGENT++] USM::add usm user() ?

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sat Jul 2 17:26:44 CEST 2005

Hi Karl,

> The engine_ids of the remote agents are unknown, so I can not use
> USM::add_localized_user(). But, I've tried it for the local agent user
> without success.

where did you get problems? Maybe the function USM::get_user(enigne_id,
security_name) can be a example.

> I guess I have to bind the security_name with engine_id and the IP address
> of the remote/local agents. But, how to retrieve the engine_id from a remote
> agent without adding the user to the USM ?

You can do a get-request with an unknown user: this will force snmp++ to
send a pdu to the agent and after the reply (unknown engine id report)
the engine id is known and you can get it using
v3MP::get_from_engine_id_table()