[AGENT++] Decryption error!

prasanna.tananthanpillai at wipro.com prasanna.tananthanpillai at wipro.com
Wed Nov 9 08:02:52 CET 2005

Hi,

I was successfully able to a SNMPv3 user with authPriv security level.
And the user also got added successfully. But when I try to do any
further operation with that user I get a decryption error and found out
that the following piece of code gets hit in usm_v3.cpp

  if (scopedPDU[0] != (ASN_CONSTRUCTOR | ASN_SEQUENCE)) {

      debugprintf(0, "Decryption error detected");

      inc_stats_decryption_errors();

      delete user;

      return SNMPv3_USM_DECRYPTION_ERROR; -> I get an error thrown from
here.

Reasons and probable suggestions to overcome this??

cheers,

Prasanna

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately