[AGENT++] Authoritative EngineID Cached by Snmp++ ??

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sat Nov 19 20:57:36 CET 2005

Hi,

> I do not see a reset_engine_id_table call in the reference or header:
>
> http://agentpp.org/~katzwww/sa-ha.de/tmp_doc/classv3MP.html

these docs are a few releases behind most of the time. Now they are a
bit ahead...

In snmp++v3.2.18 reset_engine_id_table() exists.

> Also cacn you confim if resetting the engine ID table cache will not
> affect the usm table cache entries and ability to receive v3 traps?

Continuously changing engine ids will fill the USM time table and USM
user table with lots of old and unused entries (3.2.19. will have
functions to remove them). Beside that, no other problems.