[AGENT++] help: problem about snmpV3 in hp-ux 11i

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sat Oct 8 16:05:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I just want to know if anyone tests SNMPv3 with pthread in HP-UX 11i. I use aCC compiler
> with compile options "-AA +DAportable -D_REENTRANT -D_RWSTD_MULTI_THREAD".
> Maybe something wrong with compile options or link options? but it's OK when receiving SNMPv1 request.

>>> Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
>>> 0xaa7e0 in USM::build_sec_params (this=0x40031770, outBuf=0x7a20642c "",

>>> 2213      unsigned char *bufPtr = (unsigned char*)&buf;

these are the lines of code (which are only executed for v3 requests):

  unsigned char buf[MAXLENGTH_BUFFER];
  unsigned char *bufPtr = (unsigned char*)&buf;

Should this cause any alignment issues (searching for "hp-ux sigbus"
finds such hints)?