[AGENT++] SNMP v3 Issue ( Unknown Security Name )

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sat Oct 8 17:07:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

> 	Using SNMP++  3.2.9c ,

a bit old...

> Pls see the attached file.

The attachment didn't go through the list, so no comments on this possible.

> I am getting "Unknown SecurityName" error. I am sure that user exists in the
> router.

You have to differ between "unknown security name ERROR" and "unknown
security name REPORT": The first is a local error from snmp++ and the
second comes from the router. So in your case snmp++ says that the
requested user name was not added to the USM.

For further help I would have to see your modified snmpGet.cpp.