[AGENT++] persistent storage for UsmUserTable in usmMIB

Samuel Lokshin slokshin at avtec.com
Mon Oct 10 22:33:23 CEST 2005

I am using agentX++v1.4.13 on Linux box.
I was able to compile example (master).
But when I run master, the file usmMIB is created in config directory  but it is only 2 bytes (0x30, 0)

I thought that code below will save user info in the usmMIB file.

  UsmUserTable *uut = new UsmUserTable();
  uut->addNewRow("unsecureUser", SNMPv3_usmNoAuthProtocol, SNMPv3_usmNoPrivProtocol, "", "");
  uut->addNewRow("MD5", SNMPv3_usmHMACMD5AuthProtocol, SNMPv3_usmNoPrivProtocol, "MD5UserAuthPassword", "");
  mib.add(new usm_mib(uut));
  mib.save_all(); // I add this line of code for testing purporse

Why UsmUserTable info is not saved in the file usmMIB?
What I did wrong? (I want to store the user information persistently)

Thank you.

Sam