[AGENT++] SNMP-CORBA Gateway

santosh.agarwal at wipro.com santosh.agarwal at wipro.com
Wed Sep 21 08:48:04 CEST 2005

I are working on SNMP-CORBA Gateway where an appropriate CORBA API
should be called to access a remote database for each of the SNMP
request received from the SNMP Manager at the Agent.

In the AgentX++ framework code that is generated from the MIB, we do not
want to use the local database which is created using the MibTable,
MibRow, MibLeaf and instead invoke CORBA APIs for each of the get/set
methods.

What is the best way of removing the local DB related code? Please let
us know. We would like to discuss the way in which a third party
Database can be used with the AgentX++ framework. In our case the DB is
present in a remote server and we have CORBA interface to that.

The code generated using AgentPro gives the required Class for all
scalar and table OID. The database is the remote server. The agent will
not have the row at the agent side. We wish to customize the logic of
findnext() for SNMP table. Currently since the row are not added, the
code flow does not reach to get_request of the column from the
get_request of the tableEntry.

Santosh Agarwal

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately