[AGENT++] re: Making Find() virtual in MibTable

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Mon Sep 26 23:32:58 CEST 2005

Hi Santosh,

Of course you can change the library to use a virtual find method, however
I would not recommend using MibTable that way. It will be hard to get
every mechanism to be "virtual" (think about snmpRowStatus etc.).

If you want to implement a table without at least caching requested rows in
a MibTable, then I recommend using MibComplexEntry as base class.
An example for such an implementation is the AGENT++Win32 subagent
DLL class.

Hope this helps.