[AGENT++] FW: SNMP V3 contexts with agentX++(mention our versions as well)

santosh.agarwal at wipro.com santosh.agarwal at wipro.com
Wed Sep 28 15:27:12 CEST 2005

Hello  ,
We are trying to implement our SNMP agent using agentX++ master/subagent
design.

We want to support SNMPV3 as well.

We tried out some prototype code by creating the USM and the VACM tables
in the master as shown in some of the agent++ examples.

We found that when we use agentX++ , the processing fails when the
subagent tries to execute find_managing_object method.

On further investigation we found that the  find_managing_object is
trying to check if the context present in the agentX PDU is present
inside the subagent or not, otherwise it fails.

The master on the other hand always sends the context it received on
SNMP side in the agentX PDU.

Looking through the comments in the agentx_request.cpp file , we think
that the subagent can support only a single context which has a
blank("") name.

Is this correct ?

How can we make SNMP V3 contexts work with a master/subagent over
agentX++ ?

Regards,

Santosh

Confidentiality Notice