[AGENT++] Question about dynamic mib table at agent++

dennis w dennis_w1 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 06:04:11 CEST 2006

I had a mib table in which the rows could be dynamically added or removed.
Also I had a separated table which holds similar values which is used by
different application.

The design choices I had are

- using the table from application world only. There will be no table
maintained in agent++, all the snmp request will be intercepted by agent++
and passed through to application. Is that possible, any hints to achieve
this ?

- maintain both tables in each world (agent++ and application). Whenever
snmp manager set any columns, the set values get passed into application
table. The challenge is how to make both tables in sync. Especially when
setting multiple columns with one snmp set command. If one of the column
setting fails, agent++ can rollback all columns. But application table would
also need this rollback ability.

- Using the table from agent++ only. The application side seems need to
understand my_table, maybe my_row also?   Any example or suggestions towards
this approach.

Thanks

Dennis

to offer.