[AGENT++] Intermittent core dumps in MibLeaf::get_oid

Bushnaq, Ahmad ABushnaq at empirix.com
Fri Aug 25 22:32:43 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I have this intermittent problem that is driving me crazy trying to
replicate and fix, so I thought I'd try the mailing list to see if it
may be an AgentPP bug or something. I have code in the SNMP agent that
sets up to send a trap, initializing a NotificationType object to one of
my defined traps in the MIB, and an EventObject object to the instance
field of a node in the MIB that contains text that I want to send. Later
on, it tries to set the variable bind OID to the OID of the event
object, and 3 or 4 times out of 10, this crashes the agent with a seg
fault on the call to get the OID of the event object. It's not tied to
my particular trap as it seems to happen with a different trap every
time(there's code in that function to handle different types of traps).

Any thoughts? If I need to send any more details to clarify the problem
please let me know.

Thanks,

Ahmad