[AGENT++] timeout

Manuel Werlberger m.werlberger at avibit.com
Mon Aug 28 13:55:22 CEST 2006

Hi!

I'm working on a monitoring software for many snmp variables. In fact
snmp++ works gread polling all the snmp variables with the asnychronous
get methos. But one thing brings some real troubles. If we have many of
snmp-vars to poll (which is in fact all the time) i get timeouts from
some vars. In the next polling round they jump back to their desired
values. Rising the timeout value doesn't bring any advancement.

The bad thing is that every time a timeout occurs there should be an
alarm which could maybe be a little bit annouying for the people using
the software afterwards ;-).

Is this a known issue? Does somebody have some advice or tip for me?

One thing to say that unfortunatly our snmp-deamon cannot handle bulk
requests.

Rgds,
 Manuel