[AGENT++] Agent++ Compile problems under Solaris 9/10

Altaf Aali altaf.aali at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 19:05:01 CET 2006

I downloaded the latest versions of snmp++ and agent++ and was able to
compile agent++ but then not snmp++ due to the following error:

"address.cpp", line 772: Error: Formal argument 2 of type hostent* in call
to gethostbyname_r(const char*, hostent*, char*, int, int*) is being passed
int.
"address.cpp", line 772: Error: Formal argument 3 of type char* in call to
gethostbyname_r(const char*, hostent*, char*, int, int*) is being passed
hostent*.
"address.cpp", line 772: Error: Formal argument 4 of type int in call to
gethostbyname_r(const char*, hostent*, char*, int, int*) is being passed
char*.
"address.cpp", line 772: Error: Formal argument h_errnop of type int* in
call to gethostbyname_r(const char*, hostent*, char*, int, int*) is being
passed int.
"address.cpp", line 773: Error: Too many arguments in call to
"gethostbyname_r(const char*, hostent*, char*, int, int*)".

I went ahead and undefed modified config_snmp_pp.h as follows:

#if !defined WIN32 && !(defined (CPU) && CPU == PPC603)
#define SNMP_PP_IPv6
#endif
#undef SNMP_PP_IPv6

Is this the right way to go?

I am now trying to compile the examples under the agent++ directory and
getting the following error:

inet_aton                           ../../../../snmp++/lib/libsnmp++.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to agent
gmake: *** [agent] Error 1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Altaf