[AGENT++] Writing SNMP Agent

McNulty, Cillian C.McNulty at emuse-tech.com
Mon Feb 6 16:08:15 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to write an SNMP agent with Agent++ 3.5.

I started with the examples and was able to successfully compile the
ATM_MIB example on VC6. I then decided to use this example as a basis
for building my own agent.  Firstly I wrote a very simple MIB with MIB
Designer and then edited the example code to represent the new agent for
this MIB. I then used MIB Explorer to request information from the
agent. I see the following results.

When I request information from the new MIB I receive the call in the
Agent lib code but it does not bubble up to my get_request function
however when I request information from the ATM_MIB I do hit a
breakpoint in my get_request function.

I am using different OIDs for my new MIB and have removed all reference
to the ATM MIB in my new code so why do I see the above behaviour?

I'm guessing I've done something basic wrong and someone maybe able to
point me in the right direction. .

Best regards,

Cillian

emuse technologies
U24 Trinity Enterprise Centre, Pearse Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel:  +353 (0)1 6717317 Fax:  +353 (0)1 6717319
website: <http://www.emusetechnologies.com/
<BLOCKED::http://www.emusetechnologies.com/> >
email:    info at emuse-tech.com <mailto:info at emuse-tech.com
<BLOCKED::mailto:info at emuse-tech.com> >

This message has been scanned for viruses using Trend Micro Scanmail for Exchange Server.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The information contained in this email message is intended only for confidential use of the named recipient. If the reader is not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately.

The information, opinions and recommendations contained herein are and must be construed solely as statements of opinion and not statements of fact. No warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any such recommendation or information is given or made by emuse technologies in any form or manner whatsoever.