[AGENT++] Bug in NotificationOriginator->add_v3_trap_destination()?

Josh Pressnell joshua.pressnell at rti-world.com
Wed Feb 8 16:07:18 CET 2006

SUCCESS!!!!

Some legacy code in our common structures (not written by or looked at
by myself) was using the pragma pack directive to turn off memory
padding in structures.  This was inconsistent with the way the SNMP
libraries were built and so the sizing of structures was grossly
inconsistent, depending on the byte-alignment of the object in
question.  The result was that sizeof(object) would return the unpacked
size while the new operator would allocate memory for the packed size,
thus corrupting the heck out of the heap.

It turns out that our VC++ project are fine... our code and usage of the
SNMP libraries are fine.  The darned compiler was simply being told to
screw with my head under-the-covers elsewhere in our code.

So... thanks so much for all the help!!  Now that I've gotten this last
hurdle crossed.... the agent works like a champ!

-Josh

--
-- Official RTI e-mail  ---