[AGENT++] Problem with SNMPv3 Traps

Philippe Godebert philippegodebert at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:08:42 CET 2006

Hi,

 First, sorry for my poor English, I hope you will be able to understand my
problem.

I'm actually to do migration SNMPv1->SNMPv3 of my agent. For "Get" and "SET"
request I have no problems but for traps... I have problems.

 I use "add_v3_trap_destination()" function and I define a MD5DES user,
then, when I send the request with "Mib::notify()" the agent remains blocked
during about 1 minute (in EventListHolder::SNMPBlockForResponse() ).

 I used Ethereal to see traffic, there are an INFORM request of emitted, and
a response of REPORT's PDU type with an Authoritative Engine ID and a
Context Engine ID.

The traces are in enclosure

 Thanks,

Philippe.