[AGENT++] How to get muliti-vb in a pdu

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sun Jan 15 13:53:09 CET 2006

Hi,

> A pdu sent to the device with 20 vbs only returns a pdu that holds 18 vbs.

I would have assumed, that the agent returns a too big error. How large
ist the response packet?

> How could I increase the size of returned package?
> Could I just adjust the MAX_SNMP_PACKET value in config_snmp_pp.h
> to a big one that works?

If you're using SNMPv1 or v2, the agent does not know anything about the
max allowed message size of the manager. So increasing MAX_SNMP_PACKET
for the manager will have no effect. For v3 you can increase the define
and the agent can send back bigger responses.

> Or should I call get_next to get remain vbs?

Why don't you just split up the request into two, each with 10 vbs?