[AGENT++] Could I reread the table without restarting the agent?

Fedja Jeleskovic mrawd2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 22:48:25 CET 2006

Hi there!

I am having problem with the data that is part of the SNMP table and also some other applications. When I start the agent the data is read and table is created with as many rows as there are out there. Now, if one of the external applications change the data that forms the table (like remove or adds a row) Snmp agent is left confused and gives me strange information with obvious indicators that something is out of sync. Since I am able to get a notification when data gets changed by someone else, if I would just reinitialize the table, I would be all set! Otherwise, agent restart will be the last resort. Any help here?

Thanks

Fedja