[AGENT++] SNMP++ bug

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Thu Jan 26 20:57:14 CET 2006

Hi,

> I have a program using snmp++ library. The application listens on the
> specific port for snmp traps. I found the bug by accident. I sent an empty
> UDP packet to the port the application listens on and it crashes. I had a
> look on my code but I guess the bug is in snmp++ library. My questions is if
> anybody knows something about such a bug. I use 3.2.10 version of snmp++.

uxsnmp.cpp has something like this:

    receive_buffer_len = (long) recvfrom(...);

  if (receive_buffer_len <= 0 )   // error or no data pending
    return SNMP_CLASS_TL_FAILED;

If a zero sized packet is received, an error is returned.

If you run your app within a debugger, you will see, where the crash occurs.