[AGENT++] questions of some agent_pp examples

Dario maljur dmaljur at elma.hr
Fri Jul 7 11:20:35 CEST 2006

Hi have few questions and I hope you won't mind answering them, 'couse they
are kind of newbie.

But please not that I would never trouble you if I found proper
documentation for these:

1.	In Agent_pp console static table example there are few lines :

[code]

      char *filename = "snmpv3_boot_counter";

      unsigned int snmpEngineBoots = 0;

      OctetStr engineId(SnmpEngineID::create_engine_id(port));

status = getBootCounter(filename, engineId, snmpEngineBoots);

[/code]

I'm wondering what is snmpEngineBoots SnmpEngineID and for what they are
used for?

2.	In defining Vacm some strings are used that I couldn't found
anywhere, these: MD5, MD5IDEA, SHAAES128..

If I understood correctly these are AddNewGroup makes a pair of these and a
groupname but where can I find

Defines for those, and their meaning. And generally is there a place where I
can find description of Vacm class?

In official documentation, on agent_pp.org, there is only class prototype. I
red RFC 3415 but it's and I have general knowledge of Vacm but, there is lot
missing.

3.	In agent_pp. site, there can be found some tutorial on implementing
some MIB called CoffeTemperature or something. I know that whatever MIB I'm
creating as a class has to be derived from MibLeaf class but I wonder in

*.cpp there is a code that goes like this:

[code]

CoffeTemp::CoffeTemp(void) : MibLeaf("1.3.6.1.3.100.2.1.0",READONLY,new
SnmpInt32(0))

{

}

[/code]

My question is how do I know what OID i put in as forst parameter of
MibLeaf?

I see there that this one is ("1.3.6.1.3.100.2.1.0", why?

Regards:

Dario