[AGENT++] SNMP++ and problems with time window (SNMPv3)

Marek Malowidzki malowidz at wil.waw.pl
Fri Jun 9 08:38:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

we have a problem with an SNMP++-based manager accessing agents using
SNMPv3. In the synchronous mode, sending a Get-Pdu results in a report
received (attached file 'rlsync.txt' with SNMP++ logs). In the asynchronous
mode (callback-based), things go even worse ('rl.txt', truncated), as it
seems that SNMP++ loops processing reports and repeating PDUs. It seems that
it is unable to synchronize and keeps sending (0,0) USM times. The result is
that the application never gets the callback called. Of course, we are able
to access the agent with another SNMPv3 manager with no problem.

 Facts:
 - versions: 3.2.17, 3.2.20
 - platform: Windows XP
 - build: MT Debug DLL

 We would be very grateful for any patch/fix/workaround.

Best regards,

 Marek