[AGENT++] How to provide MIB-II and own MIB

johnny at navtek.no johnny at navtek.no
Fri Jun 23 11:38:45 CEST 2006

Hello all

I've just started looking at SNMP/net-snmp/agent++ so please bare with my
newbie questions.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to use our own agent together with
an agent that provides MIB-II. ie. we're running a machine with our own
agent, but in addition we would like MIB-II support as well. I've thought
of these two solutions but I would like to get the experts feedback on
this:

1. Run our own agent and netsnmp as subagents using an AgentX master agent.
2. Run our own agent and some already made Agent++ MIB-II agent as
subagents using an AgentX master agent.

Our agent is or will be using Agent++.

I'm not sure if I'm way off track here so any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

Johnny Ljunggren