[AGENT++] Unregistering for traps from a Forked Process

Anurag Jain anuragjain026 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 10 20:20:35 CET 2006

Hello,

Can you suggest a clean way to unregister the trap handler from a forked
process on linux:

The scenario is as follows:

1. Create a global singleton snmp object  and resgiter for traps .
2. Listen and receive traps parent process.
3. Fork various process for different functions.
4. Unregister for traps in the child forked process ....  can we expect the
copy of the  snmp global object or global object pointer to be valid in the
forked process and can we call the notify_unregister call successfuly in the
forked children and stil have the parent main process listening  for traps ?

Thanks
Anurag