[AGENT++] locking

Chuck Paterson cp.snmp++ at twistedbit.com
Tue Nov 21 16:44:14 CET 2006

I am trying to figure out how MP locking is suppose to be done to provide
a consistent view to the client during one snmp request. The data I
wish to make consistent may be changing just because the system that
is being monitored is changing as the request is being processed.

My main concern is with individual rows in a table. I currently
have a agengen "light table", just because this was the default.
Changing to a non "light table" or to a "complex table" is fine
if that is what is required to make the columns in the table
consistent.

One further complexity is that there are actually two tables
that I need to keep a consistent view across. One is the entPhySensorTable,
and the other is my augmentation of it.

I'm also intested in how an object group can be made consistent, but
this is now in the area of general interest rather than something
I really need to make happen.

Thanks
Chuck