[AGENT++] community control and limiting manager IP address

jsbyun jsbyun at samsung.com
Tue Oct 10 04:05:06 CEST 2006

Hi Frank ,

Thank you for your immediate response,

As I know, VACM and SNMP-TARGET-MIB is in the SNMPv3 protocol.

My team is developing an agent based on the SNMPv2c protocol.

Is there any other way to implement below requests based on the SNMPv2c ?

Best Regards,
Jungsu.

Hi Jungsu,

Jungsu Byun wrote:
> Hi, everybody.
>
> I am developing SNMP agent by agenpro2 based on agent++.
>
> Currently, I use community string only 'public / public' .
>
> 1) How can I control (change / add / delete) community string?
>        (which class support control of cummunity string?)

You can control that through the VACM (see RFC 3415).

> 2) Which class can limit the manager IP address ?

This is done through the SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB in conjunction with the
SNMP-TARGET-MIB.