[AGENT++] About Oid Collections and target Collections

Dario maljur dmaljur at elma.hr
Thu Sep 7 10:54:44 CEST 2006

Hello.

I'm curious about oid and trap collections when used in trap/inform
mechanism.

Shouldn't they be used as collection of oid/targets that the current manager
will listen to?

If this is true, why can I get a trap only when those collections are empty?

And another thing, I noticed that trap/inform will be received regardless of
whether the v3MP is defined or not.

For example, at manager that listens for trap/inform I have completely
commented v3MP definition and usm declarations.

And traps are still received. And when setting passwords and setting in
agent that

authProtocol = SNMP_AUTHPROTOCOL_HMACMD5

privProtocol = SNMP_PRIVPROTOCOL_3DESEDE

securityLevel = SecurityLevel_authPriv

securityModel = SecurityModel_USM

with username and password, the trap is still received no matter that
username and password are not the same at manager and agent.

Am I doing something wrong?