[AGENT++] Problem when using requestList->receive(1) in thread and sending traps.

Dario maljur dmaljur at elma.hr
Fri Sep 8 09:50:10 CEST 2006

Hi.

I'm currently finishing my project where I build  wrappers around agent++
API.

Basically I have class called CAgentEngine witch inherits from Thread and
it's meant to be used as addon

To other programs that want's to implement SNMP protocol.

I have set VACM, v3MP mainMib and all other functionality including
requestLists.

The problem is next.

CAgentEngine class also contains information on current v3MP user. This
information is then used

In CSnmpVariable (witch is wrapper around MibLeaf) to provide data for
UTarget in trap sending,

But. When I try to send the trap and overloaded run() listent for requests
from request list, the trap

Isn't sent. Well the trap is sent and received, but manager that listens for
traps complains about

Not knowing security name, witch is set in agent. This only happens when
run() function listens for requests.

If requestLisr->receive(1); is commented, the trap is received normally.

What could be the problem? Do I have to disable requestList->recive() every
time trap is sent?

Regars, Dario Maljur