[AGENT++] SNMP++: V2c example

Altaf Aali altaf.aali at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:02:38 CEST 2007

I am using the snmpGet application of the consoleExaples trying to connect
to an agent via V2C. I have included the correct IP and community name and
specified the port as 161.  I run the example on Solaris connecting to an
agent on Linux and see that the GET request gets to the agent (by running
Etherreal) but instead of the response, get the 'UDP Port 161 unreachable'
in a packet from the agent box to the Solaris box.

Is there a bug in SNMP++ where the listener is not attached to 161 while it
waits?

BTW, v3 works great.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks