[AGENT++] A few questions on shared tables

michael.carr at bt.com michael.carr at bt.com
Fri Apr 20 11:25:00 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've used MIB Designer to create a simple table, then used AgenPro 2 to
generate some subagent code.

I assume that the agent.cpp file located in the
agentX++\agen\subagent\src is skeleton subagent code and so should be
used with the code generated by AgenPro2, is this correct?

Similarly, the agent.cpp file located in the agentX++\agen\master\src is
skeleton master code?

On page 28 of the AgentX document it says that for shared tables the
'row_added' method has to be overridden in order to set (or initialise)
the values of the new row.  Since I'll be running several subagents that
register a single row in my shared table, they will be using different
data in their rows.  Given what the document says, it would mean that I
would have to override the function for each subagent which would lead
me down the route of deriving a new class for each subagent based on the
class generated by AgenPro 2 for my table, which seems a bit overkill.
Is that correct or is there another way it should be done?

Once the row has been added to the table, one or two of the values it
contains (the columns?) may change within the subagent.  How do I
actually change those values?  (Some simple example code would be
appreciated :-)

Cheers,
Mike