[AGENT++] Sending Notifications from the agent

Karthik Venkataraman karthikv at netnumber.com
Tue Aug 28 11:50:33 CEST 2007

I am new to SNMP and am trying to use Agent++ to build a native SNMP agent
into our product. I need to know how to send a trap notification from the
agent. I've generated C++ code by importing our MIB(s). It would be great if
someone could provide me with a code snippet to send a trap notification or
point me to some documentation that talks about sending notifications from
the Agent++. I see that there's a mention about this in the Agent++ FAQ, but
the answer says that I should use  the Mib::notify method and also the
snmp-notification-mib and the snmp-target-mib to configure the target. I
don't know how to use these two classes. I'd greatly appreciate, if someone
can give me a code sample to send a trap notification that includes the
usage of the snmp-notification-mib and the snmp-target-mib.

Regards,

Karthik

Karthik N. Venkataraman

NetNumber, Inc