[AGENT++] How to use agent++ in Visual Studio 2003

Julio Fernández jfernandez at ttt.es
Fri Feb 16 13:35:15 CET 2007

 Hi,

   I'm new with SNMP++ and AGENT++, and I'm interested in using them in Visual Studio 2003 to develop an application with C++. I've built the three libraries (des, snmp++ and agent++) without problems, as is explained in the website. But now I want to use them in a project, and I'm trying with the same configuration as for the libraries (as is explained in the agent++ FAQ). I'm trying to execute an example obtained from agent++ package and I'm including the libraries in this way:

    #include <libsnmp_pp.lib>
    #include <agent_pp.lib>

  But a lot of linking errors are generated:

 - syntax error: '!'.
 - many unknown characters
 - many errors c3209: '
 - many errors c3209: Unicode identifiers are not compatible yet.

   It stops when reaching error number 100. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I think the libraries should be ok, but it's possible that they must be included in other way (I've also included them at the project properties). I've would very pleased if anyone can help me with this, or explains the way to use the libraries in a project of Visual Studio 2003.

  Thanks.

  Regards.

 Julio Fernández.