[AGENT++] Notifications won't work

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Tue Jan 16 23:31:44 CET 2007

Hi,

I don't see any error in your code, and the atm_mib example also sends a
coldStart notification.

>> But whenever I send a notification I get following message:
>> (2)EVENT  : Notification not sent (reason) (addr) (params): (no
> access),
>> (  C0 A8 A1 DC 00 A2                                  ......
>>    64 20070105.120342.010 A9 ), (defaultV1Trap)

This log message is a bit misleading, as it could be anything from the
following:
#define VACM_notInView              1
#define VACM_noSuchView             2
#define VACM_noSuchContext          3
#define VACM_noGroupName            4
#define VACM_noAccessEntry          5
#define VACM_otherError             6

If you enable DEBUG_LOG with high level, you can see the complete
processing and the real cause for the "no access".