[AGENT++] Question from a new learner

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Tue Jan 16 23:32:01 CET 2007

Hi,

> 1. How should I create a MIB? I found one named MIB designer but it is so
> expensive.

well, there are free MIB editors (e.g. addon for emacs) listed on
snmplink.org.

> 2. I want to record some value like CPU/MEMORY of a PC and the bandwidth
> usage of some links, can AGENT++ do them alone?

No, agent++/snmp++ does all of the SNMP related stuff for you, within
the code you have to write, you "only" have to get the current value
from the hardware and return it to agent++.

> 3. With SNMP++ and AGENT++, do I still need care about Socket or Network
> part.

Just look at one of the examples of agent++/snmp++: beside telling
agent++ the address and port for listening, you don't have to do anything.