AW: [AGENT++] Thread handle leak (SNMP++ 3.2.21a)

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Wed Jan 17 23:11:08 CET 2007

Hi,

> But isn't this the same thing I reported in "Threading Problem"?

yes, but until I saw your patch for agent++, I just fixed the "not
closed handle" problem. If your patch for agent++ is necessary, snmp++
has to be changed accordingly.

> The
> solution my colleague suggested wasn't that simple because his
> experience (which is more than mine when it comes to Win32
> programming) showed that waiting on the Thread handle isn't safe.

As I don't have much experience with threads on windows (I prefer to use
wrappers like QThread from Qt) I will wait for other comments and if
there are no objections against your patch, it will be included for the
next release.

> As his fixes didn't make it to the list, I will mail them to Jochen
> directly.

For anyone who wants to look and (even better) try it on WIN32 platform:
http://nopaste.biz/?11671
http://nopaste.biz/?11672