[AGENT++] License and distribution

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Thu Jan 18 18:45:24 CET 2007

Hello Ahmad,

Bushnaq, Ahmad wrote:
> My company is looking at using Agent++ or maybe SNMP4J for another
> product that we have(currently we use SNMP++/Agent++ for one product).
> Do we need to do anything as far as the license is concerned? Do Agent++

No, you can compile your agent with AGENT++ and distribute the
binaries. You may not distribute modified sources and documentation
about the AGENT++ API (so that your customers can extend their
agents by using AGENT++). The license text describes that more
precise.

> and SNMP4J provide the same functionality with just different API
> languages? If not, is there something else that provides the
> SNMP++/Agent++ functionality in Java?

No, as far as I know SNMP4J(-Agent) is unique. At some
points SNMP4J provides more than AGENT++ (e.g., TCP support)
and at some points less (e.g., NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB is not yet
available for SNMP4J-Agent).