AW: [AGENT++] how i can get requests from manager in my agent

Eggers, Henning Henning.Eggers at plath.de
Mon Jul 23 16:18:22 CEST 2007

Hello Rajesh,
SNMP++ is not designed to build Agents, that is what Agent++ is for. Why do you not want to use it?

I imagine that to use SNMP++ to build agents you will have to implement quite a few things by hand:
- open a UDP socket and put it in listening mode,
- lookup of SNMP objects,
- build SNMP responses to requests, including error handling,
- and probably more things I am not thinking of right now.

Frank should be able to tell you how much work goes into all that ... ;-)
Again, why not use Agent++?

Regards,
Henning