[AGENT++] Re: AGENTPP Digest, Vol 42, Issue 14

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Tue Jul 31 22:41:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

> agentX++/examples/master/src/master.cpp:177:
> undefined reference to `Agentpp::UsmUserTable::UsmUserTable()'
> master.o

this indicates that the master.cpp file was compiled WITH _SNMPv3
defined. UsmUserTable is not found because agent++ is compiled without
_SNMPv3 defined. Therefore I recommended to remove *.o and lib* and do a
rebuild of all parts.

> segmentation fault is due to problem in request.cpp in function Request*
> RequestList::receive(int sec)
> because there ifdef _SNMPv3 statements are not properly aligned (not closed
> if statement properly) at line no 1273.

Ok, there are some unnecessary #ifdefs in this function, but for me it
compiles and I can run the agentX++ master and the agent++ cmd_exe_mib
agent without problems.

So please do the following:
- Use the current unmodified snmp++/agent++/agentX++ releases
- disable SNMPv3 only in config_snmp_pp.h
- Build the libs and examples

If you then still get segmentation faults, send me a stack trace and a
description of how you start which agents and what requests you are
sending to them.