[AGENT++] OID to NAME resolution in SNMP++

Ramasubramanian Venkataraman venkiram_be at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jun 22 07:55:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am looking for an option in SNMP++ to resolve the name from an OID.
The exact requirement i have is, when i use the SNMPGet like Snmp utilities from SNMP++ library, it gives me the OID and its value.
for an example if i queried for the RowStatus mib it gives me the OID of RowStatus and its value say 1(which is active).

But i need both the OID and it value should come as RowStatus and Active.

HPOV and other snmp Utilitied provides the option to load the mibs(user_specific mibs as well) so that HPOV can map the Name,Value.

Please let me know if we have such an option in SNMP++ or any other mechanism to achieve this.

Thanks in advance,

Venkataraman