[AGENT++] SNMP++ walk error. Transport operation failed. error 10055

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Wed Jun 27 13:59:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

error 10055 is a windows error code and it looks like your application
does not close all open sockets (I found: "Error 10055 means that
Windows has run out of TCP/IP socket buffers because too many
connections are open at once"). Do you delete all created Snmp objects?

I would recommend that you create one Snmp object at startup (or one for
each thread you have) and reuse this object for all quests.

About the IPv6 issue: The send function maps the IP to IPv6 if IPv4
fails and as IPv6 is disabled you get the error message. This is clearly
a bug, that will be fixed (The error message should only be displayed if
the user passes a IPv6 address to snmp++).