[AGENT++] Threading and replace_value()?

Tomas Tomas2003 at home.se
Tue Mar 6 10:26:06 CET 2007

Hi

I'm trying to understand the threading in the agent++.

I have an application that has a thread that will set new values in the
mib every now and then by calling replace_value/set_value (OctetStr) in
the MibLeafs.
There is of course snmp-request thread taking care of all the incoming
snmp requests will calls to requestList->receive(timeout);
pMib->process_request() etc.

I seems from the code that set_value() method in a MibLeaf is not thread
safe if
I use an other thread to update the values as well.

How to proceed? Is there an other methods or is there a sync mechanism
that could be used?
What are the options and how should it be done?

Regards,  Tomas